Friday

Teach a Man to Fish



As I've come across more and more actions - and become more familiar with how they do what they do, and it's going me thinking...

If someone explains how the actions are done - or give instructions on how to achieve these effects in Photoshop, we can make our own actions or specific adjustments to each picture. Just as we are taught that if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day; but if you teach him to fish, he'll eat all his life.

Now, I've done absolutely no research on this. So I'm sure there is someone out there who does explain how to make your own actions to [fill in here with what you'd like to make your pictures look like. ie: brighten] And I've actually learned a few tricks about 'brightening'

There are several actions out there that 'brighten' pictures, but many are very generic and not really specific to different kinds of pictures. Did you know there's a very easy way to do it yourself in each picture?

I've alluded to this before, but I'll explain it again here. By adjusting the levels, you can attain a brightened, more defined picture; and you can do this very specific to each photo. You can also bring out the eye color & crispness by using levels.

My Aunt was the one who actually taught me all this. She just sat down with me in less than 30 minutes and showed me a whole new world of editing - and she was glad to do so.

Which is why I've been thinking... not just that it's nice to know how things are done, but having someone to show you all these wonderful things. A photog-mentor so to say.

Do you know any wise Photoshoppers or photographers in your life? I'm sure they'll be glad to teach you even just a few simple little tricks. For just as Jesus said, "Come, and I will make you fishers of men..." (Mathew 4:19)

Find someone to take you under their picture-taking or photoshoping wing. Surely your photog-mentor will help to make your pictures the wishes of men.

No comments: