Thursday

How to Put a Border Around Pictures

Here is a very quick & easy "how to" for you all, inspired by my Photog-mentor...

How to Put a border Around Pictures.

It's something I've always wanted to know how to do, but had no clue how to it without actually cropping the picture. That is until very recently when my mentor told me a quick & easy way to get these wonderful white borders in Photoshop...
Just click Image --> Canvas Size ...
And I always use an actual measurement (not percent, since the borders aren't guaranteed to be the same size with this method.) Simply add the same amount to the width & height of your canvas size.
Voila - you have a professional, polished border around your picture.
And you can always go back and readjust the canvas size to make the border more or less prominent (to your liking)
As you can see, the borders work for a variety of different shots. The white border does work best when there isn't a ton of white in or close to the edges of the photograph. Otherwise, your borders are endless!


Tan ~ Thank you so much for this (along with all the other endless, amazing Photography information) that you've shared with me. I'm now paying it forward because of you.

1 comment:

DRESSEDMen.com said...

Thank for the this post. It was really helpful!