Monday

DPS - Assignment Time!

I am a very faithful reader & learner from DPS (aka Digital Photography School Blog), and now I'm going to also try to be a faithful participator...

Each week, DPS has a new assignment - a contest of sorts for everyone who wants to participate (and yes, the winner & runners up are always announced) It's always something to get the wheels turning, and also to see how versatile & talented their 'students' are.

If I would have been on the ball, I would have participated in last week's assignment: 10 Minutes Away from Home. The pic submitted had to be within a very specific time frame & within a 10 minute travel distance from your home. Though my location is cutting it a bit close on 10 minutes, it was the closest exit off the interstate from my house in this particular direction.

This is the picture I should have submitted...
Overlooking a wildlife preserve just off Boonville/New Harmony road...

There were SO many wonderful photos I got this day! Though I was only in the area for about a half-hour, I snapped at least a hundred pictures. Some more wonderful shots I got this day were...
Fields & lakes along the rolling countryside...

Sunflower fields with beautiful foliage in the background...

And my cute little niece, Maggie!

I took several of my niece & daughter on this trip - I'll show more of those photos after they're edited. But for now, I'm going to concentrate on this week's assignment in DPS...

Assignment: X-tych

What's that mean? It means that you can pick the number of pictures (up to 7) that you'd like to turn into a mosaic. So that means diptych, triptych or anything up to 7 pictures formed into a single image with multiple panels. Don't worry - if you're still confused, they provide links to some great -tych info & even a mosaic-maker.

So, that's what I'll be doing in the next day or two. Going though all the pictures I've shot since July 23rd & find some great ones to put into a mosaic. I must remember to include all exif info (like camera, lens, date taken, ISO, shutter speed and aperture) and though I'll most likely do a post here on it as well, I'll certainly upload my final product upon Flickr.

No comments: